royalty relations

Q: How do I change my address?

It is very important that you keep us informed of an address change even if you receive your funds electronically. Your correct address on file will allow you to receive future mailings and 1099 tax information timely. All requests for address changes must be received in writing at the our address or emailed and should include:

• Your Name
• Owner/Payee Number
• Old Address
• New Address
• Daytime Phone Number
• Your signature
• Last 4 Digits of SSN

You may also complete the attached form, or give all the above information through our Contact Us page.

Image title

 100 Independence Place, Suite 405
Tyler, Texas 75703
Phone # 903-480-9500
Fax # 903-504-5406

Q: Can I set up Direct Deposit for my checks?

Rose City Resources, LLC now offers direct deposit, also known as electronic funds transfers, option for our interest owners. Please refer to and fill out this form and return to via email or mail to our office address. Make sure to include a copy, picture, or scan of a voided check to verify account information. Allow 30 to 45 days for the change to take effect. Once set up, you will receive an email with your detailed information. Look for your payment within 2 business days of that email.

Q: Frequent questions regarding revenue checks:

1. What is the purpose of my “Owner/Payee Number”?

You have been assigned an exclusive owner/payee number to distinguish you from ROSE CITY RESOURCES’s other interest owners. When communicating with ROSE CITY RESOURCES, please include your owner/payee number.

2. What should I do if my check is lost, stolen or not received?

A. Please allow 20 business days to receive your check.
B. Contact the ROSE CITY RESOURCES Royalty Relations Dept at the email address, address or phone number provided above.
C. The request to reissue a check requires written notification that includes:
• Your Name
• Your Owner/Payee Number
• Date of check in question
• Check Number
• Reason for request
• Last 4 Digits of SSN
• Your Signature
D. If the check has not been cashed, we will void and reissue the check on our next revenue check write.

3. What will be the amount of my next check?

For security reasons, we no longer provide check detail over the phone before you receive your check.

4. What is Minimum Pay?

Many states have passed laws that allow producers to accumulate royalty obligations up to specified amounts before making payment to owners. ROSE CITY RESOURCES, LLC will accumulate funds until they reach $100 before a check is issued. However, if you wish to receive a check more frequently, then the limit can be set to $25 for payments. This must be requested in writing to our office.

5. What is Annual Pay?

Annually, ROSE CITY RESOURCES, LLC will issue funds to owners that have not reached the accumulated pay level of $100. If you have less than $100 in your account but over $10.00, a check for that amount will be issued to you each year.

6. What are “Stale Dated” checks?

Our revenue checks are valid for 90 days after the date of issue. If you do not deposit your check within the 90 days, the check is considered stale dated and the bank will not honor the check. Please return the check to our office ATTN: Royalty Relations with a letter including your name, owner/payee number and daytime phone number, and email of possible. We will take the necessary steps to include the stale dated amount on your next revenue check.

7. Will I receive a 1099 every year?

Royalty owners who receive $10.00 or more and working interest owners who receive $600.00 or more in a calendar year will receive a 1099 by January 31st of the following year. The income reported to the IRS is your gross income before taxes or other deductions. The 1099 will also list any state or US withholding amounts deducted from your revenue checks.

Q: What do I do when someone dies?

Oil and gas interests are considered real property and as such are governed by the law of the state in which the land is located. You should notify us in writing of the interest owner’s death and include a copy of the death certificate and a copy of the will. We will contact you with specific instructions pertaining to your situation.

Q: How do I report a change of ownership other than death?

All requests for change in ownership must be submitted in writing, accompanied by a recorded conveyance document and sent to our office ATTN: Division Order. Note: document must be recorded in the state and county where the property is located.

Please include the following information:
• Name of current owner (and owner number if known)
• New owner’s name, address and SSN or TIN
• A copy of the recorded conveyance, assignment or deed
• Daytime phone number with area code for contact person
• Email address, if available